Thursday, January 20, 2011

{{ 20 }} Home

Last night we had one of the teens stay over.  I was tired from the day and not feeling real hospitable. The day was long, R. came home from work very sick, I had an hour to get the house ready for Home Fellowship and I had not eaten all day. 
As I told my son good-bye for the this morning... kissed his 17 yr. old face and sent him out the door, the extra teen gave me a hug. He said, "I wish my mom was like you. I wish she cared."
My heart broke....I know what home life is like for him. I know he'd rather sleep on my couch, listen to our banter and know it's a safe loving home.
I read this from (( http://www.pinkandpolkadot.net/ ))
after  the kids left for school. 

"Start by making your own home a place where happiness and love abound, through your love for each member of your family and for your neighbor. Try to put in the hearts of your children a love for home. Make them long to be with their families. So much sin could be avoided if our people really love their homes.
Mother Theresa

A love for home....I can honestly say my family has a love for home. It's a refuge.
Today...last night were not so gentle reminders that this refuge is to reach out....

No comments:

Post a Comment