Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mornings With Jesus

On my mornings off I like to have my cup of coffee and read my One Year Bible first thing. 
I remember the days when I was so bleary-eyed from being a young mother that I
couldn't even see the pages. I couldn't focus my eyes much less my mind. I knew I was supposed to read and have my devotions but it was sooo hard.
When I'm working, I read there.
I'm loving my IPad for study's sake. As I read I get busy looking up places and
other things that catch my attention. In January when I was off before school started back, 
I would sit for 2-3 hours at a time. I felt a little guilty but then thought..."who needs me right now?
Isn't it okay if I schedule time to learn? and just be a "Mary" and sit at Jesus' feet?"



Here's just a sampling of things that have jumped out at me today:
Proverbs 13:5 "The righteous hate what is false, but the wicked bring shame and disgrace."
This week end we had an incident. Somehow Mr. R remained calm & controlled.
He was seeking a peaceful solution to the rising anger issue in another who eventually brought shame and disgrace to his name, his family's name and his business. 
Psalms 84: 11 "... no good thing does he withhold from those who walk blameless." 

No comments:

Post a Comment